JSON: sites/ccac/themes/ccacTurisme/templates/frases (ok) turisme.altcamp.cat
logo CCAC


This work was devised by Daniel Maria Vives with the intention of bringing the Mare de Déu de Montserrat closer to the lands of Tarragona and was designed by the architect Josep Maria Jujol, in the image and likeness of the mountains of Montserrat. The structure was built from one hundred and twenty catenary arches and was shaped like a ship, facing Montserrat. Its construction began in 1925 at the top of the Corralot hill. The works were stopped in 1931 due to the Second Republic and were resumed in 1985 until their end in 1999.

Address: Afores, s/n (43812 - Montferri)

Telephone: 621 22 38 15 (weddings and agency groups) - 621 26 59 05 (guided tours)

E-mail: santuari@montferri.altanet.org (weddings and groups by agency) and info@caminskm0.com (guided tours)

Web: https://www.montferri.altanet.org/santuari-mdd-montserrat

Schedules: Free, guided or agency visits.

Notícies relacionades

The oldest Romanesque stained glass in Europe...
Valls is km 0 of the world of castells , where...
Alt Camp is the land of the calçotada; as well...